Dental Veneers in Calgary AB are a big trend in dentistry. Their versatile use has encouraged many patients to try out different dental procedures. One of the great areas of dentistry in the 21st century is cosmetic dentistry. It is a specialty that accords patients of the desires they have for their smiles. If you are looking to get your teeth done to improve your smile, read on to learn more about dental veneers.
What Are Dental Veneers?
They are tooth-shaped oral appliances that are placed on the front surfaces of teeth to improve their appearance. Many times, dental veneers in Calgary are used in cosmetic dentistry, as opposed to restorative dentistry. This means that dental veneers near you are effective for beautifying your smile, giving you excellent results.
Oral veneers feature porcelain materials. The nature of porcelain allows veneers to be color-matched to the color of natural teeth. This gives patients cosmetically appealing results, making it hard to tell apart the veneers from the teeth. Besides, the binding process is very reliable making the veneers one with the natural teeth.
How Can Veneers Be Used?
Dental veneers are some of the most versatile tooth appliances used in dentistry. Their usage is so diverse that almost all cosmetics-related dental problems of the teeth can be fixed with oral veneers. If you are wondering whether you can benefit from oral veneers, consider the following ways in which they are used:
- For discolored teeth – teeth discoloration is a common problem in dentistry. Many patients come in with different natures of teeth discoloration, some more severe than others. While professional teeth whitening can do the trick, it is not all patients that want to go through such a process of bleaching their natural teeth. Besides, some stains can prove too stubborn for such a treatment option. In such cases, dental veneers are placed over the stained teeth, improving the color and glare of teeth.
- For cracked and chipped teeth – a crack or chip on one of your teeth can tamper with the perfection of your smile. Such problems can be hard to overlook, especially when they happen in your front teeth. Aside from cracks and chips on teeth, part of your tooth can completely fall off. Such can leave you with unevenly shaped teeth. Dental veneers can be used to cover such flaws on teeth, giving you beautiful teeth.
- Repairing decayed teeth – dental decay can change the appearance of your tooth significantly. For one, a dark pigment around the are of the oral cavity is left behind. Even with a filling in place, you still want to enjoy a beautiful smile. Instead, dentists can use veneers to repair a decayed tooth, restoring its fullness and appearance.
- Spaces between teeth – spaces in between your teeth can be a result of losing teeth. For such, a tooth replacement procedure would befit you. However, when the spaces have nothing to do with losing a tooth, then veneers can be of help. These spaces can be explained by orthodontics sometimes your jawbone is too large for the sizes of your teeth. At other times, the problem has to do with the development of your jawbone. While all these are problems that can be addressed with orthodontic treatment, veneers can give you a fuller look. They can cover your teeth, closing up the spaces in between.
- Unusually shaped teeth – many teeth deformities fall in this category. Some are crooked, others too pointy, and others too short. All these abnormalities can make teeth be displeasing to the eye. With a little help from dental veneers, your teeth can be properly shaped for the perfect smile.
Should You Try Dental Veneers?
Most patients that are candidates for veneers are adults. Children rarely get treated in this way. Veneers are perfect for boosting your self-confidence.
Determining whether or not veneers are an ideal alternative you should align with some of the following factors:
- Your preferences – would you rather take the long route for your treatment or a relatively non-invasive quick fix for your teeth?
- Dentist’s views – ultimately, the dental expert knows best when it comes to excellence in oral health.
- Cost – some treatments take a lot of time which can make them a tad too expensive for your liking.
- Position of the makeover – usually, front teeth demand more attention to details than back teeth.